What am I doing right now?
I'm in Kilgore, Texas, focusing on these things:
- Being a dad - Summer is over and so is our free time. I and my kids are back in school, so making quality time is something I need to strive for. We've recently started attending the local football games and playing Pokemon Go. I'm teaching my daughter how to drive.
- Being a husband - With both work and university studies pulling hours from my personal life, I'm mindful of showing my wife that she is 100% of my heart. I make a point to kiss her every day no matter our emotional state, and proving through service, affection, and the liberal use of three little words that she means the world to me.
- Being the best college professor I can be through kindness, compassion, and teaching others to work hard.
- Working on an exhibition of oil paintings for Spring 2017.
- Really considering what my art means to me and to others through considered diagrams, realizing influences, and writing artist statements.
- Investigating habits that produce a clean, content, and comfortable life - stable diet, regular meditation, and an exercise regime.
- Reading: Articles on Buddhism
- Playing: Mass Effect Series, Pillars of Eternity
- Watching: Stranger Things
These are my priorities. I say no to everything else: freelance work, new projects, and anything that will eat up my evenings and family time.